Mice (Mus domesticus) - House Mouse
House mice are 3 to 4 inches long, with large ears, small eyes and pointed nose. Light brown or light gray. Their droppings are rod-shaped.
House mice can breed throughout the year and sometimes share nests. They live indoors, but they can survive outdoors. Mice are nocturnal (i.e. they usually sleep during the day). They have a voracious appetite, eating 15 to 20 times a day, and they build their nest near places where food is accessible.
Female mice can give birth to 6 babies every three weeks and can have up to 35 of them in one year.
- Micro droplets of mouse urine can cause allergies in children.
- Mice can also bring fleas, mites, ticks and lice into your home. They can multiply quickly and will do significant damage to your home and furniture because of their gnawing activities.
- Mice will also contaminate food and other materials through their droppings.
- There are instances whereby mice activity has caused house fires as they can chew through the electric cables.
Prevention of Mice
- To keep mice and other rodents out, make sure all holes of larger diameter than a pencil are sealed.
- Keep bins well sealed.
- Avoid food spillages and try keeping food stored in sealed containers.
- Remove mice harbourage opportunities.
Mice Treatments and Control
Mice treatments depend on the level of infestation, the location, and the possibility of non-target species presence. Mice control may involve using mice poison, break-back traps, trap-and-release humane traps, building proofing, bait boxes, etc.
Owl Pest Control Technicians have extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with mice from any area around your home & office, e.g.: Mice in walls, ceilings, under floor boards, in kitchen / hot press. We also offer DIY mice eradication solutions below.
Problem with Mice in Dublin? Ask a Pest Control Specialist:
DIY Mice Treatment Products
Want to treat mice by yourself?
Click on the links below for more details or to buy Mice Treatments and Control products online.
Heavy Duty Outdoor Galvanised Mice Bait Stations. Safe and locked box (metal or plastic) designed to hold mice poison (rodenticide)
Outdoor Compact PVC Plastic Mice Bait Stations. Sturdy and safe design with 2 locks, a key, and a wall bracket to hold the box in place.
Indoor Mice Bait Boxes
Smaller size than Bait Stations and less conspicuous. Locked with a key for safety. Excellent value for money packs.
Fast-release professional traps designed to provide a fast and clean kill.
Rodenticides - Mice poison to eradicate the entire colony.
Humane (no kill) live catch-and-release Mouse traps (soon available online - please call us to order).
PHONE, EMAIL OR BOOK
Contact Owl Pest Control
Do you have a mice control problem, need to talk to an expert?
Contact Owl Pest Control today!