The Ratflap® - Drain Non-return Valve for Rats
- Genuine Ratflap® - Rat Valve - Rat Blocker - Rat Stopper - Rat Flap -
If you hear rats in the walls, ceilings, or attic of your home, they most likely come from the sewer underneath the house. The best way to control rats on the long term is to fit a Ratflap® Sewer non-return valve to your drains pipes.
We are an official distributor of the Genuine (Irish-made) Ratflaps®. Having used drain valves for over 20 years, we do not recommend any other products for protecting your drains.
- WHAT IS THE RATFLAP®?
- BENEFITS OF THE RATFLAP®
- WHERE TO FIT A RATFLAP®?
- HOW TO FIT A RATFLAP®?
- BUY A RATFLAP® – WHAT SIZE DO I NEED?
What is the Ratflap®?
The Ratflap® is an ideal solution against rats entering properties via the drain system. The non-return valve is simply pushed into the pipework and does not require any specialist expertise or fitting equipment.
Once fitted, the chemical resistant stainless steel valve let rats leave your property but they cannot get access back.
The Ratflap® has been invented and patented by an Irish pest controller, and is now sold worldwide. Ratflaps® are manufactured from high quality acid resistant 304 grade stainless steel. The smooth design provides no resistance to the flow of waste. It is the only rat blocker system that allows 98.5% of the volume of the pipe to be utilised for waste flow .
Benefits of the Ratflap®
The Ratflap® provides these unique advantages:
- An immediate solution to rat infestations under floor boards, in walls or attic, as rats do return to the sewer for getting food (usually every day).
- Eliminating the expenses or delays of investigative work, e.g.: drain CCTV surveys, lifting floor boards, removing plasterboards, etc.
- Prevent the dilemma of killing rats by poisoning, which can leave dead bodies in the building structure and terrible smells that go on for weeks.
WHERE to Fit a Ratflap®?
If you have several toilets in your house you may have a few drain pipes converging onto a main one. If possible, locate the LAST manhole / inspection chamber on the sewer that services your property. This way you will only need one Ratflap® only instead of one in each manhole.
These are the main scenarios below:
Detached house: Usually only one Ratflap® needs to be installed
Terraced houses: Each house of the block usually need one Ratflap®:
Semi-detached houses: Two Ratflaps® are usually needed (one for each half of the building)
Apartment block: As many drain pipes come out of the building (sometimes over a hundred), the most cost effective way is to use tracing dye and draw a map of the waste water flow. As little as one 9" Ratflap® may be sufficient if the main manhole (at the start of the line) can be identified.
How to Fit a Ratflap®?
Please note: Thanks to a recent improvement in design the wire is no longer needed for standard Ratflaps® and the manufacturer does not include it anymore. Wire is only needed for installation in deep chambers. Please contact us for more details.
If you would like your Ratflap® to be professionally installed for you, contact us on 014523680.
Buy a Ratflap® - What size do I need?
The Ratflaps come in 4 sizes for the common diameter drains: 4 inches (102mm), 6 inches (152mm), 9 inches (229mm) and 12 inches (305mm). You will need to measure the diameter of your own drain.
Some old clay pipes are 5 inches (127mm) in diameter.
- 4″ Ratflap® €124.00 (VAT23% extra)
- 5″ Ratflap® €335.00 (VAT23% extra) – non standard item
- 6″ Ratflap® €162.00 (VAT23% extra)
- 9″ Ratflap® €335.00 (VAT23% extra) – non standard item
- 12″ Ratflap® €546.50 (VAT23% extra) – Allow 2-3 weeks for manufacture
- (Optional) 80cm wire set with screws for fixing Ratflap® to chamber: €3.00 (VAT23% extra)
Due to the unhealthy nature of any sewer, the Ratflap® cannot be returned to us after it has been installed.
Before attempting to install the unit be sure you have ordered the correct size for your pipe system. You can only return for a full refund or size exchange if the Ratflap® has not been inserted into a sewer.
Bulk Orders & Inquiries: please Contact our Trade Counter on 014523680 (ext.2).
Over 500 Pest Products Available
Pest Control Products Sales
- Mice & Rat Products
- Electric Fly Killer Units
- Bird Control Products
- Flies & Insect Products
- Cat Repellent Products
- Professional Equipment
Order before 2pm for Next Day* Delivery Ireland and Northern Ireland (for stocked items) €4.50 +VAT.
We only deliver to Ireland and United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland).